With the increased public interest in owning
precious metals for financial safety and profit potential
also comes the increased risk of new consumer fraud and rip-off scams. Swiss America offers consumers suggested steps of action to avoid gold dealer problems and/or to help resolve outstanding gold dealer complaints.
Get a basic education before buying!
With the increased public interest in owning precious metals for financial safety and profit potential also comes the increased risk of new consumer fraud and rip-off scams. Swiss America offers consumers suggested steps of action to avoid gold dealer problems and/or to help resolve outstanding gold dealer complaints.
7 Warning Signs Of Commodity "Come-Ons"
If you are solicited by a company to purchase commodities, watch for these warning signs listed below:
- Avoid any company that predicts or guarantees large profits with little or no financial risk.
- Be wary of high-pressure tactics to convince you to send or transfer cash immediately to the firm.
- Be skeptical about unsolicited phone calls about investments from offshore salespersons or companies with which you are unfamiliar.
- Prior to purchasing, contact the CFTC (www.cftc.gov) or other authorities.
- Be sure you get all the information about the company and verify that data, if possible.
- Learn all possible information about fees and commissions charged, and the basis for each of these charges.
- If in doubt, don't invest.
In May 2011 the FTC published a Consumer Alert with suggested guidelines to help investors considering purchasing U.S. gold and silver coins. I think these guidelines will be helpful for public awareness, especially now that owning physical gold has become such an important safety net in today's uncertain economy. I see the FTC guidelines use the exact same phrase, "All Gold is Not Created Equal", coined by Swiss America back in 1997... READ MORE
Expert Offers Six Vital Steps To Avoid Gold Coin Fraud, Scams and Hustlers When Buying or Selling
Today unethical gold dealers are scamming the public in scores of ways, including; over-pricing coins, over-promising performance, over-selling the product, long or non-delivery, no buy-back policy, etc. A veteran numismatist and author offers consumers six steps to follow before buying or selling gold. READ MORE
More Gold Fraud Articles
If you plan to buy gold or silver Swiss America believes your best protection is to first learn the basics, which are all covered in our "The Timeless Truth About Money" free DVD. This informative half-hour DVD covers seven timeless truths about money ...
Truth #1 – Why The U.S. Dollar No Longer Qualifies As Money
Truth #2 – How Politicians Are Destroying Our Economy & Savings
Truth #3 – How Trillions in Government Debt Destroys Nations
Truth #4 – Money: Either the Builder or Destroyer of Civilizations
Truth #5 – Gold and Silver: The Most Tangible Money on Earth
Truth #6 – Your Golden Years Require a New Golden Strategy
Truth #7 – Swiss America Leads By Serving All Generations