Precious Metals News & Trends
Geopolitical, Economic and Precious Metals Market News and Commentary
Paper is Poverty!
-- By Craig R. Smith
- Thomas Jefferson once said, "Paper is poverty. It is only the ghost of money, and not money itself."
Jefferson was a man of many accomplishments among them Founding Father, author of the Declaration of Independence, Vice-President, President and an early proponent of honest money.
Why the 2016 Election is Economically Volatile
-- By Dean Heskin
- Presidential elections by their very nature are volatile. They can be contentious and unpredictable. Despite the projection of the pollsters or the predictions of the pundits, no one can really say for certain who will prevail on Election Day.
-- By Lowell Ponte
- The world's ruling elite expected the June 23, 2016 United Kingdom Brexit vote to fail. Investors who believed these elitists were shocked when this referendum won by 52-48 percent, launching a countdown to separation between the UK and European Union.
Will the Brexit Unleash a Global Meltdown?
-- By Lowell Ponte
- On June 23, the British people voted in a national referendum to declare their independence from the European Union. The ruling political establishment, right and left, had joined to crush this populist uprising with a campaign of fear and authority.
The Great Regression: The Crash of 2016
-- By Dean Heskin
, CEO, Swiss America - Is the US economy regressing? We are in the midst of the slowest and most lackluster economic recovery since the end of World War II, and it appears to be weakening.
GOLD’S RISING ROLE IN A GLOBAL ECONOMY
-- By Craig R. Smith
, Chairman, Swiss America - When it comes to a means of trade and exchange, it seems that the world has come full circle. In ancient times men bartered with grain and livestock as a method of payment.
DON'T BANK ON YELLEN'S FED
-- By Craig R. Smith
, Author/Chairman, Swiss America - After listening to Fed Chairman Janet Yellen's statement justifying the increase in interest rates for the first time in nearly a decade, I am convinced her ability to contradict herself rivals that of President Barack Obama.
The Implications of Russian Aggression
-- By Lowell Ponte
- This is a time for crossing fingers, fingering crosses, and buying gold in this time of soaring political, economic instability and rising global debt defaults.
Stock Market Meltdown Confirmed
-- By James M. Carrillo
- The overinflated, propped up stock market bull is over. Long term market analysis has signaled that a long term sell off is imminent.
Where retirees should invest today
-- By Dennis Miller
-- Earlier this summer I cautioned readers to tighten up their stop-losses as the market was flying high and due for a correction.
Fed-Rigged Stock Sell-Off Foretold
-- NEWS RELEASE
- Global equities saw their sharpest fall since the 2008 financial crisis on what's being referred to as "Black Monday" - as an 8% rout in Chinese shares sparked worldwide panic.
The Obama Economy Is Flatlining
-- By Craig R. Smith and Lowell Ponte
- “Labor Costs Rise at Slowest Pace in 33 Years” read a New York Times
headline on July 31 as this newspaper spun the news frantically to paint lipstick on the pig that is President Barack Obama’s wallowing economy.
The 21st Century Case For Gold
-- By David Bradshaw
- Being a so-called "gold bug" can be very counterintuitive in today's world of changing economic and monetary values.
The Greek Showdown
-- By Craig R. Smith & Lowell Ponte
-- The Chaos in Greece Could Severely Impact Your Assets In Many Ways, Unless You Take Wise Actions Now
Prepare for U.S. Dollar Collapse NOW!
-- James M. Carrillo
-- The U.S. Dollar is currently in the strongest SELL territory of the decade, which means gold is now at the best BUYING point of the decade.
The Cyber-Terror Bank Bailout
-- Bloomberg, 9.2.14
- Bankers and U.S. officials have warned that cyber-terrorists
will try to wreck the financial system's computer networks.
What they aren't saying publicly is that taxpayers will
probably have to cover much of the damage.
Craig R. Smith comment: I firmly
believe the biggest threat American citizens faces
today is a cyber attack upon U.S. financial institutions
and banks. More
Will The New EU Strategy Backfire?
-- By Craig R. Smith, 6.6.14
-- Today Europe joined America in abandoning austerity by lowering interest rates to below zero. This move forces depositors to withdraw assets from banks and move them into assets with more growth potential; such as stocks, real estate or commodities such as gold.
Is The Constitution Being Replaced?
-- By Lowell Ponte, 5.27.14
-- President Barack Obama is unhappy with the U.S. Constitution and wants to change it. America's Founding Fathers, Mr. Obama has said, had “an enormous blind spot” and produced a “deeply flawed” document as the cornerstone of our republic.
U.S Citizens Must Take Bold Action
-- By Craig R. Smith, 3.4.14 -
There is a great deal of similarity between what is going on today and what happened 35 years ago that is very important to consider. In 1979, several events simultaneously occurred that had a profound impact on the markets as well as world history.
Urgent Memo from Our Chairman
-- By Craig R. Smith, 1.29.14
- Imagine waking up one morning to find your bank locked and access to your money via ATM denied. Your ability to pay bills or buy food – and your boss's ability to pay you – all gone in an instant, without warning. If your bank accounts and credit cards were suddenly out of reach for days, for months, or forever, what would you do?
Americans the Real Losers
-- By Craig R. Smith, 10.20.13
- The latest crisis in D.C. was just the opening act in the unfortunate last chapter of Obama's America, one that will have a very tragic end for all hard-working Americans.
Stop the Debt Ceiling Scare Tactics
-- By Craig R. Smith, 10.11.13
- To quote the famous Yogi Berra, “it's like déjà vu all over again” with the battle over ceremonially raising the debt ceiling. According to the elected officials of our great nation, we must saddle our children and grandchildren with another couple trillion dollars of debt in order to protect them. This logic seems flawed.
Gold Market News
-- 9.30.16 - Gold prices remain stable, silver prices higher on global market jitters.
Stocks higher as investors shrug off Deutsche Bank worries. Gold last traded at $1,325 an ounce. Silver at $19.41 an ounce.
Fed Delays 'Day of Reckoning'
-- By Craig R. Smith, 9.25.2013
--For many months I have taken the position that the Federal Reserve would not taper any time soon. Mr. Bernanke did not disappoint on September 18th when he announced his foot is firmly on the gas pedal of printing and pumping.
Fed Plans to Sacrifice the Dollar
-- By Craig R. Smith, Chairman, Swiss America- 7.15.13
-- Last week our Fed Chairman admitted he is willing to sacrifice the U.S. dollar in order to "save the economy". Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke called for maintaining accommodation, saying, "highly accommodative monetary policy for the foreseeable future is what's needed in the U.S. economy," reports Bloomberg.
The Bernanke Legacy will be told
-- By James M. Carrillo - 7.1.13
-- Forward thinking is critical when looking at where we should park our money. With Ben Bernanke's tenure coming to an end, we should take a look not at what he has done but instead at what he is leaving behind. Starting with a brief look in the rear view mirror.
Gold Near Bargain Basement Levels
-- By James M. Carrillo, 5.15.13
--On March 1st I suggested
that gold had broken its all too sharp long term angle of ascent and
would pull back to its more sustainable long term trend line on a
technical basis. Today I believe gold is now nearing bargain basement
levels that offer an immense opportunity.
Gold Still the Buy of a Generation!
-- By Craig R. Smith - 4.18.13
--Although we live in an era of instant information and communication; true wisdom, perspective and insight have never been more scarce. Recent gold news headlines again declaring gold is "dead" ranged from absurd to laughable to downright foolish.
Is the Gold Bull over?
-- By James M. Carrillo- 4.16.13
-- In my most recent article (March 1, 2013), I wrote "The Ultimate Precious Metals test is here. You believe or be prepared to panic."
The Wisdom Of Buying Gold Now!
-- Gold prices, which have been at the mercy of technical selling since 2012, are today witnessing a flood of "paper" market sell orders as short-term speculators take profits. Swiss America CEO Dean Heskin reminds gold owners that the physical gold market is still alive and well...
2013 What's in your portfolio?
-- By: James M. Carrillo-- 1.29.13
--Stocks have rebounded back to pre-crash territory, the question beckons, now what? As the Capital One commercials ask, what's in your wallet? Or in this case, portfolio.
2013: Doomed To Repeat History?
-- Investors should never forget the lessons of the 2008 financial meltdown. But have they already? Who can forget the anguish of watching the U.S. Fed and Treasury stretching the limits of fiat money creation (and laws of economic gravity) by throwing $1 trillion dollars at the 2008 banking crisis and the failure of Lehman Brothers, a Wall Street giant?
2013 Budget 'Deal': If Pigs Could Fly
-- 1. FISCAL CLIFF 'DEAL' IS NOT A FIX
- This agreement has no cuts, no growth, no jobs and $330B in new spending. 77.1% of Americans will be burdened with a tax increase as the Bush-era two-year moratorium on payroll taxes expired, causing Social Security taxes to effectively rise 2% across the board. For the average family earning $50k per year that equates to at least a $1,000 increase in taxes, in direct violation of Obama's repeated promise to only tax those earning over $250k/year.
Gold: 2013 'Fiscal Cliff' Safety Net
-- by Craig R. Smith-11.12.12
- The future of gold will be bright - whether we are pushed off the 2013 fiscal cliff or not. If we tumble off the 2013 fiscal cliff; taxes will go up, spending will be slashed and we will cut the 2013 deficit by $600 billion.
The Time For Silver Has Arrived!
-- James M. Carrillo- 10.10.12
--Silver has broken out of a major 17 month consolidation to the upside. Anyone who knows me, knows I very rarely talk about or recommend silver, I am not normally a silver buyer because of its volatility. However, in the past 10 years I have noted two major breakouts that have led to massive profits.
Why All Roads Now Lead To Inflation
-- By Craig R. Smith-10.1.12
--Like the citizens of Wiemar, Germany nine decades ago, most Americans today simply fail to notice the connection (and consequences) of creating vast quantities of money which always leads to debasement.
Fed's Race to Debase the Dollar
-- by Craig R. Smith-9.17.20--
Last week, three days before the Federal Reserve pulled the trigger on their new "open checkbook" money creation policy, Fox News anchor Neil Cavuto asked me this question: "Who benefits from another round of stimulus by the Fed?"
Gold Just Became Money Again
-- By Doug Hornig--August 17, 2012
- On June 18, the Federal Reserve and FDIC circulated a letter to banks that proposes to harmonize US regulatory capital rules with Basel III. BASEL III is an accord that tells a bank how much capital it must hold to safeguard its solvency and overall economic stability.
The Time is NOW!
-- By James M. Carrillo- June 29, 2012
--The Gold bull market has been sleeping for ten months now. It was in ridiculously overbought territory when it hit $1,900.00 an ounce, nearly every media outlet was saying it will break $2,000.00, even the long term gold bears were convinced...
Bernanke Fails to Inspire Investors
-- Craig R. Smith--6.20.12
--Wall Street yawned at the latest Fed policy statement because it was just more of the same failed policies of the past. Interest rates will remain at 0 - 0.25% until late 2014, Operation "Twist" (scheduled to end in June) will continue until year end - to the tune of another $267 billion piled onto the Fed balance sheet.
Craig Smith offers hope on the air
-- --By David Bradshaw, RMP Editor, 5.31.12--
"Is the U.S. debt now insurmountable?" asks Richard Deaver
host of Morning Magazine on KRMS in Osage Beach, Missouri of his guest Craig R. Smith. To which Craig replied offering five possible solutions.
BREAD LINE OR BUFFET LINE?
-- Craig R. Smith, 5.21.12
--Which is the wise currency to be holding today to maintain your standard of living in the future? Confidence is key in maintaining the store of value of every paper currency on earth. Gold is the only form of currency that doesn't require confidence because it is universally accepted as a reliable store of value and a global monetary unit.
From the desk of Craig R Smith
-- By Craig Smith, 5.11.12--
On many recent radio interviews I have shared my opinion that the banks in America are in worse shape today than they were in 2008. I've pointed out that nothing changed after the painful lessons of just how much damage speculative trading, in an attempt to boost profits, can do to destroy bank capital.
Obama's Grand Economic Illusion
-- By Lowell Ponte, 4.30.12
--Behind the predictable thrust and parry of presidential candidates, President Barack Obama's operatives are quietly conjuring a grand illusion to help him win re-election this November.
The Time is Near!
-- By James M. Carrillo, 4.18.12
--The Gold bull market has been sleeping for nearly eight months now. It was in ridiculously overbought territory when it hit $1,900.00 an ounce, nearly every media outlet was saying it will break $2,000.00, even the long term gold bears were convinced.
GOLD vs. VOODOO ECONOMICS
-- By Craig R. Smith, 3.21.12
--While watching the testimony of U.S. Treasury Secretary Geithner and Fed Chairman Bernanke, I was struck by several answers provided by the witnesses. One answer stood out amongst them all.
A Modern Greek Tragedy
-- By Craig R Smith, 3.12.12
--For the first time in 60 years a nation will announce the complete "restructuring" of its debt. By any other name this is a DEFAULT on obligations, as reflected in last week's Fitch Rating downgrade for Greek debt from "C" rating to "RD" or "Restricted Default".
-- By James M. Carrillo, 3.1.12
--Yesterday's sharp selloff in Precious Metals was month end profit taking and fueled by Bernanke's statements that more QE is on hold. His statement fueled the selloff in paper markets, however demand for physical Precious Metals has remained strong.
Collectible Gold Coins Offer "A Rare Opportunity"
-- By Dr. Fred Goldstein, 2.15.12
--Sovereign debt problems in the United States and Europe seem destined to worsen this year. The mainstream financial media may never report about the likely inflationary consequences of bailouts and "quantitative easing," nor are they likely ever to recommend tangible assets for financial protection.
Buying Gold in Uncertain Times
-- By Bill Bonner, 2.8.12
-- Dow down slightly. Oil falling further below $100. And gold still going up. What is most interesting is the movement in the price of gold. It seems to be heading up again - almost no matter what else is happening.
EU Blues, China News and What U.S. Investors Must Do!
-- By Craig R. Smith, 1.17.12
- In my opinion the current financial conditions worldwide are actually worse than they were in the United States in 2008. Therefore, we may soon see the second shoe drop on a new international financial crisis.
Gingrich, Paul, and Santorum Favor Return to Gold Standard
-- By Lowell Ponte, 1.6.12--
Three of the top four winners in Iowa's Republican caucuses Tuesday night have given at least some support to the idea of returning the United States to a gold standard, a policy considered by President Ronald Reagan.
2012: Coin of the Realm
-- By Craig R. Smith, 12.28.11
--Times always change and so does money. It is important for every investor to look at the past, present and future of the economy when making the decisions that will affect generations to come.
See anti-Obama ads spiked by major networks – even Fox!
-- By Jerome R. Corsi, 11.30.11
-- Two television spots developed by a national investment firm specializing in U.S. gold and silver coins have been rejected by major television networks, including the Fox News Channel and the Fox Business Network, for apparently political reasons.