Swiss America CEO Craig Smith Interviews GATA.org Chrm. Bill Murphy
"The truth is stranger than fiction."
THIS 30-MINUTE CD WILL EXPLAIN ... WHY LISTEN TO US? ...
SPECIAL OFFER:To find out the rest of the story you must listen to the full 30-minute
interview on a free audio CD available by calling 800-289-2646, or registering BELOW.
* Why major changes are in store for the gold and silver markets
* Why gold prices can't respond properly to global financial events
* Why a "Gold Cartel" has "rigged" the gold and silver prices
* Who controls the actions of the so-called "Plunge Protection Team"
* Why "Murphy's Law" is about to strike big money gold manipulators
* Why Central banks have secretly sold off 50% of gold reserves
* Demand for both gold and silver far exceeds supply
* $230 trillion in "derivatives" put your money at risk
* There is no truly free press in the financial world today
* Could gold replace the dollar or euro as global reserve currency?
* Gold/silver window of opportunity is still wide open today
* Why Gold prices should be $750 today -- and may rise to $2,000!
* Why Silver prices should be $15 today -- and may rise to $50!
* In 2001, we published "Rediscovering Gold in the 21st Century"...which announced the beginning of a new bull market in U.S. gold and silver coins based on market trends, diversification principles and common sense.
* In 2002, we published "The New Gold Rush" ...which documented the paradigm shift from financials to tangibles.
* In 2003, we released "Gold: The Color of Hope" ...which exposed why 39 economists finally agreed that gold and silver are "in."
* In 2005, we offered more "Economic Solutions in the 21st Century" ...to the growing problems of debt, deficits, the falling dollar, pension fund crisis and social security reform.
* In June 2005, we present "The Future of Gold & Silver" ...a 30-minute private interview between Swiss America CEO, Craig Smith and Gold Anti-Trust Action Committee (GATA.org) chairman, Bill Murphy.
THIS 30-MINUTE CD WILL EXPLAIN ...
WHY LISTEN TO US? ...
SPECIAL OFFER:To find out the rest of the story you must listen to the full 30-minute interview on a free audio CD available by calling 800-289-2646, or registering BELOW.
BONUS OFFER:Along with this dynamic audio CD, Swiss America will also include a FREE copy of "Economic Solutions in the 21st Century" 36 pages of investment alternatives and tangible market trends.
GATA Delegation Makes Progress in Washington
By Bill Murphy,
Gold Anti-Trust Action Committee, GATA.org
On Wednesday, May 10, 2000 at 11:30, the Gold Anti-Trust Action Committee consisting of Chris Powell (newspaper editor), Reginald Howe (lawyer), Frank Veneroso (macro-economist), a State Senator and myself met with one of the most powerful politicians in Washington. It was only going to be a 15-minute meeting. It lasted 45 minutes.
At the end of the meeting, we were excused from the room for several minutes. When the people we met with returned, we were told that they were going to try and set up a meeting with another influential politician at 2 o'clock, but that we would have to call at 1:30 to confirm.
We were stunned to learn at 1:30 that this politician had said, "I am aware of the issue," and that he wanted to meet with the GATA delegation. The meeting took place and 6 members of his staff also attended. What was most remarkable is that this politician left the floor of Congress to attend our hastily arranged, unscheduled meeting.
This politician asked many questions and was very focused on what we had to say. So much so, that he was annoyed when a staff member left to deal with some other pending issue, saying that this was more important. He told us he had read our biographies before coming to the meeting and was a bit taken aback when he was handed the "Gold Derivative Banking Crisis" document to him with his name and state on it.
This knowledgeable politician said that he and his staff would look into our contentions and suggested that we might meet again. After this very intense one hour meeting, he returned to Congress which was in session.
From there, we went on to meet with Dr. John Silvia, the Chief Economist of the Senate Banking Committee. I could tell he had spent some time on our presentation because he had highlighted material that I had sent to him. Frank, Reg and Chris did a terrific job (as they did in all the meetings) explaining what we have learned through our extensive research. That meeting also lasted an hour and Dr. Silvia took copious notes.
Yesterday, I passed out 88 of the documents to the staff of all the Senators and Representatives on the banking committees. They were told to look for an open letter to all of them in Monday's Roll Call.
That was some schlep. For the Senate I went to the Dirksen, Russell and Hart buildings. For the House I went to the Rayburn, Longworth and Cannon buildings. It took me the entire day, but was well worth it. Congressman Lee Terry of Nebraska could not have been nicer and said he would read the document on his way back to his native state this weekend.
I was struck by how different all the buildings were. AND HOW BIG. Most were about 100 yards long and were circular for traffic flow. I made the mistake of buying new shoes for the trip. Now, my feet are all blistered. Big booboo.
My last stop was the Rayburn Building and I smiled as I went by The Gold Room.
It was the opinion of the entire Gold Anti-Trust Action Committee delegation that the trip was far more fruitful than any one of us dreamed possible. However, as we all know, that was just our first salvo. There is much to be done to win the day and we are already planning our next course of action.
When our adversaries realize how far we have come, we know that they will go all out to discredit us. If yesterday's meetings were any indication of making a serious impact on those who count in Washington, the other side has their work cut out for them!